Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It is a jungle in here!

OK, now that we are up to speed with our "privateness" (I know, that isn't even a word....hehe), let us commence on all of the amazing wonderful fantastic activities that my family has been doing since we last blogged.....


The boys really enjoyed Halloween this year! Since costumes are so expensive, and they still aren't to the point where they can completely voice their opinion on everything, Teage and I decided to get them adorable full length costumes from Costco this year. $10, can't beat it, considering we have to buy two in the same size! :) I went practical.... They loved them though. We told the boys that the elephant was Horton, and they just ate it up. Dylan really wanted to be the giraffe from the jungle as well, so it all worked out. Both boys were a little timid about knocking on doors of people they did not know, but once they figured out they were getting candy out of the deal, they were pretty darn excited! I think that the best part of the whole thing was their little bums in their costumes, so adorable!
All of us at the ward Halloween party
Doesn't Teage look freaky? :) He even made a little girl cry...

Then a few weeks ago Teage and I had the amazing opportunity to volunteer at the Cystic Fibrosis Gala in Seattle. They have been doing this amazing black tie event for over 20 years now, and it has most recently been raising over 2 MILLION dollars a year! We were so thankful to be a part of it. We went early in the morning to help set up, had dinner with all of the volunteers, and then got dressed up and helped with the silent auction portion of the evening. We met some amazing people, saw some amazing donations given, and were really moved by all of the attendance and generosity of others. I know that Jolene was so happy to see us there.

Teage and I all dressed up and ready to go, and me with my brother Christopher.

And one more for good measure.....a cute little shirt that Teage found at Old Navy a little while ago. Hilarious!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Ep! Love the update! The boys costumes were too cute and that's funny Teagers made a girl cry, cause I could never imagine him making someone cry! Love your all dazzled up photo too especially the one at the top of your blog. MISS YOU TONS!! When are you coming to Bellingham? Love ya!

Karine said...

The boys costumes are perfect! I wish they could have trick-or-treated at our home, who knows, maybe some day!:)

What an incredible experience for the CF gala. I am so humbled to have a friend that is so supportive of a great cause! You really are amazing!
Love ya twinner!

Casey said...

I love the boys costumes too! Aren't the full fleece ones great. I still put my boys in those too. Hope we can see you guys soon.

Peter and Lesha said...

love the boys costumes and you look great! you and Teage look like you are going to the high school prom, isn't it fun to be a mom and to get all dressed up and have somewhere special to go, not that home isn't special but it can get a little old sometimes. hope you have a beautiful holiday!

Bonita said...

You guys are such a cute family! What precious little boys you have!