Sunday, October 17, 2010

Camping with the Christensens

Will there ever be a time when I don't feel like I am trying to catch up???
Probably not.....anyway....
Months ago, back in July, Tawna and her family came up from Utah to go camping with the rest of us as a end of summer Christensen "reunion". We all drove out to Lake Cushman and camped for two nights. This was the first camping experience for my boys also, and they didn't exactly know what to make of it at first. Thankfully, they had all of their cousins to play and have fun with the whole time. We didn't do anything fancy, just hung out by the fire, played at the lake all day Saturday, ate a ton of food, and had fun as a family. I am not the biggest fan of camping, and married into a family who loves it, so I had to suck it up and enjoy myself! :) And I did. I loved watching all of the kids hanging out together, floating on the lake with Daddy, playing in the waves, roasting marshmellos.....we really did have a great opportunity to relax and have a wonderful time together.

Mr D just hanging out by the campfire...

Little Miss Maiya

Did I mention that we ate a LOT of food? :)

All of the Christensen cousins actually looking at the camera at the same time! Amazing!

3 comments:

Coleman Family said...

I'm not a huge fan of camping either, but with lots of family and food it makes it tolerable... :)

Tawna said...

Haha - I admit I have been kicking myself too because I haven't done anything with the camping pix either. Love it!

Peter and Lesha said...

those are so cute, you could teach others who I wont mention how to suck it up and enjoy things that maybe they weren't raised doing :) hahahaha I love camping so fun to camp with family too.