Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happenings...

I feel like we have been really busy lately, not that I know exactly what we have been doing. :) These last weeks have gone by so fast with us getting the house ready, etc, while at the same time I feel like time is going at a glacier pace! :) Here are some things we have been up to:





The boys and I were able to go to the aquarium for the very first time with Tutu. Lucas was a little worried about some areas that were dark, but he warmed up after a while and both boys had a great time. I think their favorite part was seeing the HUGE octopus tank (it really was a sight!). I hadn't been there since they remodeled as well, so it was a fun experience for me.


We also just started swim lessons again (pictures to come soon)! The boys have a wonderful teacher and are learning so much every time they go. They even put their whole heads under water for the first time this week, which for them is an amazing feat!





Teage and I have been busy getting our house ready for new baby. Skittles room is almost done (YEAH!), which means that the boys got to move over to their new big boy room! I have been trying to prepare them for weeks, since my boys usually need some time to adjust to new situations. We also have new bunk beds, which I was honestly a little worried about. I am just kind of a nervous nelly when it comes to bunk beds, ladders, etc. But the boys have done an amazing job! They were SO excited about their new beds! Even with the option of sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed for a special nap the other day, they chose their own beds! I think that their Lightening McQueen sheets and Mariner blankets may have something to do with it. :) We are going to paint their room with a baseball theme, though that may take us a while. I also found a cheap dresser on craigslist and Teage took a ton of time to fix it up and re-stain it for their room as well, and it looks great!
Our family took the opportunity on one of our few sunny days to do a few pregnancy pictures with the boys. They are so excited about Skittles arrival and ask me just about every day if it is time for her to come out of my tummy yet. I think they really want to play with her. :) I hope it isn't a rude awakening when she just sits there for a few months! I wasn't so excited to have pictures taken of me at this point in the pregnancy, but I am thankful we got a few with my little men. Only 6 more weeks before we get to meet her! We are all pretty darn excited about it! :)



No comments: