Monday, August 29, 2011

2 months old



Miss Emery turned two months old a few weeks ago. And unforunately things have been so busy that I haven't even been able to blog about it! She is adorable as ever, smiling and "talking" a ton for the favoriate people in her life.
At her 2 month appointment (which was actually at 7 weeks) she was 10 pounds and 11oz and 21" tall. She looked like the perfect little baby, a picture of health. Then she got three shots....ouch! The poor thing screamed harder then I have ever heard her and finally just fell asleep while I was holding her because she was so exhausted. It was also really difficult because the boys got 4 shots as well, so EVERYONE, including me and Tutu were crying! :)
Little Miss Emery was a fantastic and relatively "easy" baby for the first 7 and a half weeks of life. She slept really well, even giving us 5 hour stretches at night, she only cried when she was hungry, etc. Then all of a sudden at 8 weeks, the tides turned. :) Poor little girl was never happy. She was crying from about noon until 10pm, and I couldn't consol her. She wouldn't eat well, had a hard time sleeping unless she was laying on my chest, and just wasn't happy. I was devestated. I didn't know what was going on with my sweet little girl and I felt so helpless that I could hardly help her.
Then I talked to a few friends and did some research and the conclusion that I came to was that she had some acid reflux issues. She wasn't spitting up all the time, but that doesn't always indicate reflux. She was not eating well, like it hurt to eat. She would scream every time she was layed on her back...I even had trouble changing her diaper at times. She wouldn't sleep bc she was hungry, but wouldn't eat bc it hurt, so by the end of the day she was screaming like none other because she was completely overtired. I finally made an appointment with the doctor, and after two appointments, finally convinced someone to let me try the reflux medication. And after only a day I noticed an improvement. She was still having a hard time and not back to her normal self, but she was eating better and seemed happier. She is still having a difficult time sleeping, but we are trying to deal with that aspect and just make sure that she is as comfortable as possible.
We love this little girl so much and are so thankful for her in our lives! The boys just adore her, give her kisses constantly and talk baby talk to her as well. It is pretty darn cute. Dylan loves to call her "Little Missy" and Lucas says "Missypoo"....hilarious! I am completely exhausted, but I love my little family so much!

No comments: