Tuesday, September 4, 2012

San Fran

I had the amazing opportunity of going to San Francisco a few months ago to attend my uncle's wedding. I was so thankful to be there and had an amazing time. We were going to try to bring the whole family, and unfortunately it ended up not working out, so I was able to go for a fun trip just me and my extended family! I missed my hubby and kiddos dearly, but I have to admit that it was a ton of fun. I had never been to San Francisco before, it was a beautiful sunny weekend, and we got to celebrate with two lovebirds in a beautiful setting! 
After the beautiful wedding and fun reception, I went with my family to tour San Fran. What fun we had! In just about 24 hours we were able to see the Coit Tower, the zigzag road, the farmer's market and view of the Golden Gate Bridge, and also went on a tour of Alcatraz. It was amazing!!!! So much fun!
 Grandma and Grandpa Pfeifer, mother and father of the groom!
 The beautiful couple!!!
 Me and Uncle Kurt

I think my favorite part, besides the wedding, was Alcatraz. I had never been there before, and of course, heard all of the stories. It was honestly pretty intense and sometimes emotional, going through the cells that were used for some notorious prisoners, hearing stories of day to day in the jail as well as escape attempts. I loved having access and hearing all of the history, it truly was amazing.
Overall, a fabulous trip and I was so thankful to be there with family. We had so much fun together!!!

No comments: