Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Erin's surgery update

Hello to all of our friends and family! Just wanted to give you a quick update on my condition, as I have had many questions about it... :) I am doing great after my knee surgery last Friday. I wasn't too terribly excited about getting the surgery, but now that it is over, am very thankful. I had a wonderful surgeon, terrific nurses and others who assisted me at the hospital, and I now feel like I can finally begin to strengthen that knee once again and attempt to get back to what it used to be. :) The actual surgery went great, no complications what-so-ever, and thankfully they did not have to remove the entire miniscus, only a portion of it. I am now home and on the mend, and actually doing much better than I anticipated. I am already putting quite a bit of weight on my right leg, and walking around slowly. The doctor said that I will never be a big runner (fine by me! :) ), but that I should be able to get back to normal activities, including excersizing and sports, after I heal up within the next few months. Thank you to everyone who kept me in your thoughts and prayers last week!! I really appreciate all of you!

1 comment:

The Brown's said...

Erin,

I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well. I bet it's hard to recover and take care of the boys at the same time though. I hope that you have lots of help. Good luck recovering, and hopefully this will be the end of your knee woes! :) Your boys are getting so big and I am really jealous of their hair! I love it! They look like they are happy babies! Are they crawling yet? Watch out...it really sneaks up on you and then it's all over! :) Good luck again.

Dayna