Friday, July 24, 2009

Fire Trucks and Blueberries

I know I know....everyone wants ITALY! But, believe me, it takes a while to go through that many pictures, so be patient! They will come! :)
In the meantime, here are some shots of what has happened since we have gotten back from our amazing trip. :)
Since the boys could speak, they have been obsessed with trucks. Especially fire trucks. I kept telling them that one day we would actually go to a fire station and meet the fire fighters, and maybe even "ride" in the fire truck. Finally this week, I was able to keep my promise. We went with a group of church friends to the fire station to meet the amazing fire fighters. They showed us around the station, put on a demonstration for the kids with their outfits and oxygen masks, and yes, we finally did get to go see the fire trucks! The whole time the fire fighters were talking, Dylan kept looking at me saying "fire truck?"....he was so anxious about seeing the actual truck that he didn't care about anything that the fireman was saying! It was pretty cute. The boys were actually a little nervous when they initially saw the fire truck, but I waited until most of the kids had gone through and then asked the boys if they wanted a turn. Though apprehensive, they both took their turn, and ended up having a great time "riding" in the truck!

Then today for Teage's day off, we decided to go pick blueberries as a family. For any of you that know us well, you know we love a good deal! And we thought that it would be a fun experience for the boys as well. I wasn't sure how long they would last, but we ended up having a great time! Though the boys probably ate more blueberries then actually made it into the bucket, we came away with about 30 pounds, very dirty hands, and some fun memories. It was hilarious trying to teach them just to pick the "blue" ones and leave the "green" ones on the bush. They got it eventually though. :)

5 comments:

Bridget said...

So fun...I've been thinking that we need to go and pick some blueberries this year, too. I think there are several farms near us. And thinking of your step dad's bushes makes me want to plant some at our house.

Peter and Lesha said...

no idea you went to Italy:) wow what a great experience. Love the fire truck pictures Carson loves them too, what a great idea to take them there. Yeah know we used to have to pick berries as kids with my mom all the time and I can remember thinking why the heck don't you just go tot he store and buy these. I hated it. Now I don't dare go buy them when we have such great local berries here to pick. it's still not my favorite thing to do but it is so rewarding to make something (jam, pie) with them and know that you picked them. The boys are so cute and good for them for lasting so long 30lbs is a lot!

Casey said...

That is A LOT of blueberries! My boys loved picking berries this year too. Can't wait to hear about your trip (and of course see pictures). Hopefully we will get to see you soon. Oh, and you look beautiful in that last pic! Love ya.

Karine said...

You guys are the cutest family! I love how you are opening up the twins world to so many great things. You are a great example to me!
Love ya,
Katers

Emily said...

Those are some great pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time. I am glad they got to go see the fire trucks! I took Carter and Brandon to pick raspberries, and all Brandon did was eat them! he was covered in raspberries by the time we left.