Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Proud Mama

Once in a while I really open my eyes long enough to see what amazing and special people my children are. I had one of those moments a few weeks ago, when I took the boys to the Bounce House on a rainy day. Unfortunately it was crazy inside, everyone had the same idea. I let the boys play for a while, and randomly, someone came up to me while I was watching them and asked if they were my boys. I said yes. The woman preceded to tell me how her little son was trying to get up a ladder on a bouncy slide and was taking a long time. Instead of just going by him, or pushing him aside like some of the other kids, both Lucas and Dylan waited for him the entire time, and even helped him up when they thought he was struggling. She said that it meant a lot to see other children who were considerate to her child who was much smaller. That just meant the world to me. Even when I wasn't looking, the boys took the time to be considerate and kind, helping other kids instead of getting impatient. I am so proud of my boys and how respectful they are.

Both boys are also loving to learn right now, and can't get enough of reading and asking questions. They also love to sort things, play difficult games like chess, and try their hardest to read the words on signs or stores, etc. They are also trying so hard in their swim lesson, even though the other two boys are more advanced. They will not give up. I have a lot to learn from these two!

So proud to be your Mommy Dylan and Lucas!!!


No comments: