Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sewing Machine! :)

A few months ago I started to learn how to sew. It is something I have always wanted to do, and now I am! Well...a little bit anyway! :) 
Lately I have been finding really good deals at Goodwill, fixing them up or changing them in some way, and trying to make them a little more fashionable. I will never win any fashion contests, but I am trying hard and having some fun while I am at it! And I always love a fabulous deal!
These were my latest finds....both of these dresses I found at Goodwill for $1.99 each. The gray one I shortened and added some accessories. The pink one I added a  black layer on the bottom to lengthen a bit, and make a little color blocking. I have also changed a hideous pair of trousers into a polka dot skirt which was really fun. 
I can't wait to find some more treasures to fix up!!!!



1 comment:

Tawna said...

SUPER FUN! I heart thrift finds...they are usually cheaper than the fabric. Your guys' prices are waaaaay cheaper than Savers here! Happy sewing.