Monday, July 22, 2013

Miss E Turns 2!!!

Sometimes as a parent you just want time to slow down. No more growing, no more getting big, just stay this size for a long long time! Of course, my wish is not going to happen, so I try really hard to cherish each and every day, and stage with my kiddos. 
Emery just turned two last month......2!!!!!! That just boggles my mind. I honestly feel like it was just yesterday when she was a colicky, crying, poor little newborn that I had to carry around in my sling every day. Part of that is still true....she does not like to be away from mommy for more then a few minutes most of the time, and does not like anyone else to put her down for her nap or bedtime. :)
This little girl is such an independent one though, as long as she isn't around people she doesn't know or trust. She pretty much rules the roost around this house, and definitely gets her point across to me, Teage, and her brothers. She knows what she wants, and will explain it to you in her adorable voice until you understand what she wants too! :) This girl is a spitfire, but I wouldn't want it any other way!
Some of her favorite sayings lately-
"Mom, don't want to!"
Picking up her pretend phone and saying "Hi Daddy....love you....bye!"
"OH YEAH BABY!" very enthusiastically
"Self!" with just about anything!
She also loves the alphabet and can sing pretty much the whole song. Really she loves singing in general. She is really good with the songs we sing at nighttime before bed. And there are times when I have to stop because she gets mad at me and yells "SELF!" because she doesn't want me to sing with her anymore. I love her little two year old voice as she tries her  best to remember all of the words to our favorite songs. Right now she is loving 'I am a child of God', 'Teach me to walk in the light', and a random one I sing to her which she calls Mommy's song 'Think of me everyday'. Whenever she doesn't want to go to bed (which is just about EVERY night), I tell her to lay down and sing those songs to her animals in her bed and she will usually settle down. :)
In order to go to sleep she has to have a very specific routine.....PJ's on, drink her bottle, brush her teeth, rock with Mommy and sing, then cuddle with her Baba (favorite bear), Baby (a little penguin stuffed animal), and softie and hold Mommy's hand off the side of her crib while she falls asleep. Definitely time consuming, but adorable as well. I truly am thankful she likes to be with me, as I know that isn't going to last forever. 
Miss E still loves the water, and gets very excited when I tell her it is bath time. She also loves her softie and stuffed animals, LOVES to play the Ipad when I let her and find her favorite disney shows, and loves following her brothers and trying to do whatever it is that they are doing.
Emery is such a light in our lives, and we are all so thankful to have her! Dylan and Lucas don't even mind having her around, and they are so protective and loving to her always. I adore my children!
Love you Miss E! Happy 2 years!!!!!!






1 comment:

Teage said...

Thanks for doing all of these posts mi vida. I seriously love taking a few minutes out of my busy day to read these. They brighen my day, and put a lot of things into perspective for me. I loved this post, and our girl is truly all of these things. Love you forever.