Friday, July 20, 2007

Erin's unfortunate event

Well....as many of you know, I don't have the best knees in the world. :) I have had trouble with my knees ever since junior high, and this week, it caught up to me again. Last Sunday as I was feeding Lucas, I twisted in an odd way and re-injured my right knee. I believe that I tore my miniscus again, as I did about 9 years ago as a senior in high school. I have not been able to have an MRI done quite yet, I will hopefully get an appointment early next week. So on Sunday, we had to call a family friend to come over to the house and help my mom watch the boys, while Teage and I took a lovely trip to the emergency room at midnight. :) I am now in a knee brace and walking with the help of crutches. As you can imagine, it is difficult to take care of twins while you are not able to walk on your own! :) My mom has been staying with us all week, and has been the best help imaginable. I could not do it without her!! We really are doing well though. The boys are growing growing!! We have an appointment on Monday where they will be weighed again, so I will update you all then. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers on our behalf!

I can't take credit for this one! :) My sister-in-law, Tawna, got this shot of Teage and Dylan when he was only a few days old.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so sorry about your knee...that has to be no fun. I hope you can heal somewhat quickly. Thank goodness for moms, huh?!

manders said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
manders said...

Erin, I am sorry to hear about your knee. Please let me know if I can help you out in anyway. I can bring dinner over this week if you would like or help out. Please call me if I can help at all. The picture is absolutely beautiful, how precious.
We miss you take care...

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

Hi Erin! I don't want to be a pest begging to come see you, so whenever you are ready for more friend-interaction, let me know! I am so excited to see the boys (the pictures are all ADORABLE!) Rachel told me how her and Erin were able to come help out for a bit, and I would love to help too! We're all keeping an eye on the R.S. meals list, and when they quit coming, all your friends are ready to bring more. :) Just remember, we live really close, so please call if we can help with anything!