Saturday, July 5, 2008

D and L turn 1!

We had the boys' one-year birthday party a few weeks ago, and boy did we have a great time! I decided to have the party at the park, so everyone could come and have fun, and it would be more relaxing and enjoyable with so much for the kids to do. We had a BBQ, "dirt" cupcakes for the kids, and tons of food! So many people ended up coming and celebrating with us, we all felt very blessed. Though the boys were a little overwhelmed at first, they ended up having a wonderful time with their family and friends. I can't believe that my little men are one already. When they were only 3 months old I remember thinking that this day would never come (I think that I was a bit sleep deprived at the time :) )! Both boys are such lights in our lives, we are so thankful to have them in our home. What a wonderful year it has been! I am so looking forward to many more in our little family!
Here are some pictures of the boys' party:
Friends and Family-

Our little family-

And of course, the cake(s)-

Not so sure...

Dylan Lucas

Getting a little better....

"Here brother, try some of mine!"

"Brother no, that is my finger!"

"BROTHER!"

"Mommy! Mommy!" Lucas- "hey, give me that back!"

3 comments:

Karine said...

I am thrilled you posted pics of there birthday! They are the most precious little guys ever!
I am so glad that the party was a blast, but ultra bummed we couldn't be apart of the festivities.
Give the twins a big kiss from their Auntie Karine.
Love ya girl,
Katers
PS Dang your mom looks HOT!! She is a serious five alarm hottie!

Clayton and Camea said...

Time sure flies!! Your boys are getting so big! Great pictures!

PS. Tag! You're it! Check out my blog for details.

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

I'm sad I missed their party. You got some great pictures of them digging into their cakes. I love the one with Dylan's finger in Lucas' mouth! Hilarious! What a beautiful family picture you got that day!