Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thankful

I believe that there are moments in our lives that literally make us step back and think "This is what really matters; this is what it is all about." I had a moment like that tonight while putting the boys to bed. Usually this is a pretty in depth process, with two little men the same age, who both don't feel like being in bed at the moment. At times it seems more like a wrestling match. :) But tonight, while Teage was helping Lucas finish the rest of his bottle, Dylan and I were playing and laughing while he was in his crib. I was kneeling beside his crib, making faces and playing through the slats, and he was just laughing that adorable belly laugh over and over again. I can't resist that beautiful sound. He was so happy and content, just playing with his mommy. I felt so joyful at that moment. Just watching my beautiful son laugh and play. He just started giving kisses also, and he thought it was hilarious to put his face through the slat of his crib and give me a kiss. I could have melted! It was one of those moments that makes you thankful to be alive, and joyful to be a mom. I love you Lucas and Dylan!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

that is so precious.... its amazing how such small things can bring so much joy!

Erin & Teeny said...

I love reading your blog!
O.k. so I had no idea that what you wrote was such a great memory, it made me think back to when they were so little... time goes by so fast!
So my memory has to be of you in cars. First was at Ocean Shores when you busted out the Kelly Clarkson out the window, and the other one was when we had gone out together and couldn't figure out what to do afterwards. We knew we didn't want to go home yet, so we made Karine doorbell ditch her own house and just rode around til we couldn't anymore. I'm so thankful for your fun happy spirit, you've been such a good friend I love you!!

Sarah said...

I totally know what you mean! Don't those moments just make everything so worth it?