Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Evan and Paul

I debated about whether I should post about this last week or not. I felt like possibly it wasn't my place to post about these two wonderful people as I was not their immediate family. But in the end, I wanted to tell everyone publically how much they mean to so many people and how beautiful they truly are. Evan and Paul.


Last week my dear friend lost her little boy who was only 15 months old. Evan was always such a light and made everyone smile the minute he came into the room. He was a comedian within his family, and a sweetheart to all who knew him. It is hard to think why someone so young could be taken from the earth so quickly, but I know that Heavenly Father has a purpose for Evan in His great plan.


Later that week I found out that a friend from my Sears days passed away suddenly as well. Paul was one of my receiving workers and the more and more we worked together, the more and more respect I had for this wonderful man. Paul was activly working for the Obama campaign and knew that he had found his calling. I loved seeing his face light up when I went to visit my Sears friends, talking about his experiences at the Democratic Convention and all his hard work that he was putting into "Following His Truth". Paul was a man of great faith and integrity and he will be so missed.

4 comments:

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

Erin, you have a special way of honoring people. It's inspiring. Thank you for sharing your love and admiration for Evan and Paul and dedicating this post to them. They clearly have left an impression on you and that's significant. You are a wonderful friend. Bridget surely must be comforted by your support.

Laurie said...

What a beautiful post Erin. xoxo

Bridget said...

Thank you Erin.

Karine said...

Erin,
You are the best. You will be there for those who are struggling in a way that others cannot. I know for a fact that you "mourn with those who mourn" and you do it in a tender and loving way.
I was and am continually buoyed up by your quiet strength and encouragement.
You are truly one of a kind.