Thursday, December 11, 2008

Amazing Lights

If any of you would like to go see an amazing show of lights this year, I highly recommend going to see my father's crazy house of lights. :) For almost 10 years now my Dad has been putting up upwards of 60,000 lights on his property, and having a blast the entire time. When I was younger, my Dad and I would get up at 4am every day after Christmas and buy as many lights as possible during the half off sales. Then when I got married, Dad was so excited to finally have a son-in-law to help him with all of the "high ones". :) The whole family has pitched in the past couple years and everyone is very proud of the light display fully equiped with Candy Cane Lane, a pond with drinking deer, and a gigantic snowball with snow falling. If you are interested in seeing the house, his address is:
2509 227th Pl NE in Sammamish (up on the Sammamish Plateau)
If you do come, please remember to bring some canned goods as well, as there is a basket for the food bank in the driveway. Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness those lights are awesome! Talk about the christmas spirit. Does he get a ton of people driving by to look? I know I would!! They are beautiful!

Peter and Lesha said...

thanks for the great reminder we are going to the temple tomorrow and want to try to make it. that is great!!

Daniel & Jocelyn said...

Great pictures! I can never get mine to turn out when I try to capture lights at night. But these look great!

Andrea said...

That's fantastic! What a great tradition.

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

Your dad is AMAZING. I love his hobby! Everyone gets to enjoy it! Thanks for sharing the Christmas joy with us!!!!!