Sunday, December 7, 2008

Moms for Twilight

I have been waiting for the new Twilight movie to come out for quite some time now. I know it sounds a little obsessive especially for a 20-something year old mother, but I just couldn't wait to see it depicted on the big screen. So on opening day a whole bunch of my friends from Snoqualmie (all my age and moms) and I went to the movie theater together to experience what is "Twilight the movie". And I am not sorry to say, that I saw it the next day as well with a group of friends from Bellingham. Yes, twice in one weekend. I have not been able to do that in about 3 years.....what a lovely weekend it was!
Truthfully, I was pretty disappointed after watching it on Friday, but it was my own fault. I was comparing it to the book the entire time and critiquing characters pretty severely. I was annoyed that they left out so much of what I felt made the book such a unique and intriguing piece of work. I left the theater feeling a little betrayed. The second day I tried very hard to separate the movie from the book and enjoy it as a movie in and of itself. And I am happy to say that I did like it much more that time. Yes there are a few very cheesy scenes and some corny special effects... but for what the director had to work with money wise, I think she did a pretty good job. I still feel that it could have been better, but in the end I am very grateful to have seen it at all. And I was so thrilled to have been able to experience Twilight with a bunch of mothers and friends my age, who were just as excited as I was. Thanks everyone for a wonderful time!!

This is our big group from Friday night...I think we were the oldest ones in the theater! Don't we look excited? :)

7 comments:

Karine said...

I really enjoyed it the first time, but only because I went with NO expectatations at all. The second time I saw it, I critiqued it to death, and found myself laughing, at supposedly, warm and fuzzy parts! All in all I think it was good for a low budget film. If only they could find a new Bella, her blinking and in-articulate ways were driving me batty!

Thanks for the post, it brings me great joy to stalk your blog, and find something new! Made my day.
Love ya,
Reesers

Vashti said...

I had so much fun going with you on saturday! That theater is awesome for seeing movies that have just come out!

Bailey Bunch said...

That was a fun night! I am glad we all got to experience it together!

kaitlyn said...

you crack me up! i love you!!!

Vashti said...

I did read about the new director. I found the clip off of Twilight Lexicon. It's a fan run site and they post new Twilight related information just about daily, they are really great about keeping up on EVERYTHING! They posted the puppet saga. You should check it out!

Sarady said...

I would like to echo your sentiments exactly. It took a second time around to feel good about it all. I admit, I've seen it a third time and that was the best because I knew when to expect the cringe-worthy parts, decent parts, and just down right ridiculous parts. All in all, I can't wait for New Moon, and thank goodness they will have a new director; I swear she had her eyes closed when directing some scenes.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a well deserved great girls night out!