Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

This year I had to work on Valentine's Day....but as many of you who have children know, I wasn't expecting a huge day anyway. :) Not that my husband doesn't make me feel special on days like this (he always does!), but realistically with two little boys, it is difficult to go out on many one on one dates. :) We did have the wonderful opportunity to take the boys out the night before with one of my best friends, Lindsay. We all went to dinner, laughed a ton, and had a fantastic time. Then the next day after I came home from work I found a big surprise from all three of my favorite men. They had bought me a present, flowers, and made an adorable giant card. I loved it! Then later that day the whole family made sugar cookies together and even let the boys frost their own. It was an adventure for sure, but we had such a great time. The boys thought they were in heaven with mom letting them have their own utensils and sprinkles! It was a really sweet scene to witness. They were very proud of their creations in the end. :)Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Our finished product...

4 comments:

Vashti said...

What a wonderful way to spend your valentine's day! I love making cookies ;)

Peter and Lesha said...

they are soo stinkin cute, love it. those cookies look yummy.

Karine said...

How blessed are you to have 3 handsome Valentines that all adore you??!
Love ya twinner!
Katers

Bonita said...

These pictures sure made me smile! The boys are so adorable! Teage and Erin, what neat parents you are.