Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Workin' for a livin'

The boys are very into "helping" me at the moment, with just about anything that I am doing. Sweeping the floor, cooking, washing dishes....it doesn't really matter what it is, they LOVE to "help". It flatters me to think that they just want to spend time with their mommy :), but really, I think is just that they are extremely independent and also learning in whatever they are doing. Which is also a good thing. :) And my boys really love to learn. They see me doing something one time, and they want to do it themselves without me getting in the way. Boy I am really in for it, aren't I? :)

Dylan trying on Mommy's apron to help in the kitchen

Both boys trying to get "up high" with the Mr. Clean sponge. They seriously were washing the walls for about a half hour, it was so adorable to watch.

I know that this picture looks a little hard to believe. But, I did not make that track with the snow shovel, Dylan did it all by himself. During this last snow fall, I was convinced that it was not going to prevent us from leaving the house. So, I decided to let the boys play outside in the snow while I shoveled the driveway. Well, of course Dylan couldn't be outdone by his own mother, so he wanted a turn as well. I was apprehensive to let him use the shovel, as it is probably larger then he is, but he insisted. And low and behold, he did it all by himself. He really did shovel the snow off the driveway, I couldn't believe it. It was hilarious to watch, this little 20 month old with a huge snow shovel. He was pretty proud of himself too. :)

9 comments:

Kim said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! How cute!! Go Dylan, go! They are the cutest little helpers ever! I live miles and miles away and love watching them grow and learn too! Thanks for sharing! Love you!!

Casey said...

I love the picture of Dylan shoveling!!! When he is about 13, it will come in handy when he complains about doing chores. My boys are big helpers too. Do they like the move the laundry from the washer to the dryer yet? That one is actually pretty helpful. Hope to see you guys soon.

Peter and Lesha said...

that's awesome I love it, whatever keeps em happy and busy, is my motto.

Bridget said...

So very cute...if you keep letting them help then they'll always get a good feeling helping. Right now it's faster for you to do things yourself...but if you do that then you'll always be doing things yourself. Way to go on the patience factor! I remember sucking it up when my boys wanted to help me mop. I really had to calm myself when the water was going all over the place and keep reminding myself about the above comment along with if I don't like it then I need to teach them the right way.

Karine said...

Oh, I just love those cute little guys. They are so precious, and I miss them a ton.
Did you just recently have that snow fall?? I certainly hope not, being that it is mid April!
Miss you and love ya girl!
Katers

Coleman Family said...

Those boys are so darling Erin! I LOVE when my girls like to "help". It is a pain in the booty but they think they are big stuff so I usually just let em! You're a good mommy Erin!

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Do you rent these boys out?!?!? They are more productive than my son was at age 17. Impressive! Hope to see you all soon.

Ty said...

That is too cute! I can't believe how much they look just like Teage!!

Katidid said...

I love your kids they are so handsome (that is the manly word for describing male employees right?) I love you're blog header too, did you take the photos. YOu have such a cute family. Next time your in Gig Harbor visiting the in-laws let us know, we would love to see you.