Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Time Out for Erin

A few weekends ago I had the amazing opportunity to go to Time Out for Women with some of my great friends. Time Out is a women's conference put on by our church with speakers, musical presenters, question and answer sessions, and just a time when women of all ages and situations can come together for a little time to themselves and to be uplifted and strengthened. And what a terrific time we had. I felt so blessed to be there with such beautiful friends, and to be among such inspirational women. We had a fabulous time. What really stood out to me the most was the message that came across about all of us having self-worth, an incredible purpose, and how much our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us individually. It was truly a powerful weekend, and one that I am so grateful for. Thanks girls, I loved every minute of our fun-filled weekend, and am so thankful to each one of you for your example in my life!

Me, Erin, Jen, and Karine taking time out for dinner before the event on Friday.

The four of us with Ardeth Kapp, the former YW general president. She was truly amazing!

When we were about to leave the event we saw Laurel (who we are standing with in this picture) at a booth near the exit. Laurel was the MC for the weekend and the most hilarious person! We just loved her, so we asked her to take a picture with us. She thought we were pretty silly, but we sure enjoyed it! :)

5 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm so glad you got to go to this. I wanted to go with Jovana, but it was Elliott's birthday on Friday and then Saturday she had the SAT's. I decided that it'd be better for me to create a memory with my son than go to a conference. But maybe next year...

Katidid said...

How fun! The next time you get sent to "Time-out" I want to come to. :)

Peter and Lesha said...

how nice, I got to go a couple years ago and it was great. you are so lucky to have such a great husband who understands the importance of you time:) wish you were closer talk to you soon.

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

That weekend was so much fun. It was great to be able to relax, rejuvenate, and be silly! I don't remember the last time I raced around the halls of a hotel in my swimming suit! Love you!!!

Jenny said...

Erin,
It was so great seeing you guys at grandmas on the weekend. I don't know if we have met before but I feel like we have know each other forever you are so much fun and your boys are so darling. Thanks for adding me to your blog (I haven't blogged very long and I don't know how to very well so I will have Alisa help me put you on my blog that way we can keep in touch. I love your background and the top of the page with your way cute pics you'll have to tell me where to go I only know the cutest blog on the block for backgrounds so let me know. Looks like you guys have a lot of fun...
Love ya,
Jenny (Britton's mom)