Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yeah for Team Jolene!

I had the great pleasure to raise money again this year with some others for Team Jolene, in memory of our good friend Jolene Armstrong who passed away in 2006 from complications from Cystic Fibrosis. All money we raised goes directly to the CF Foundation, who I have been thankful to work closely with the past three years. They are a fabulous foundation, run by terrific people of integrity, and I really enjoy raising money for Jolene with these amazing people.
This year specifically, Erin Jones and I put together a Clothing Exchange Fundraiser for our team. We had friends and family bring over gently used clothing, as well as a donation to the CF Foundation, and we all had a great night of eating, chatting, exchanging clothing, and talking about Jolene and her beautiful example to all of us. What a great night!

Erin, Kim, and myself buried in clothes!

Then last weekend my whole family had the opportunity to walk in the Great Strides Walk for CF that we have every year. This is more of a celebration walk, to commemorate the fund-raising year and recognize those who have helped to contribute to the cause. We had so much fun walking for Jolene, chatting with all of the other wonderful people there who support CF, and helping out with the event. I only wish that I could have done more this year!! We had so much fun with everyone though, cheering those on who were walking and the children with CF who were present, playing with all of the children there, eating a great lunch provided by Sherms BBQ. And we were even more energized for the next year! We love you Jolene and promise to keep your spirit and example alive!
Dylan eating a donut getting ready to walk. :) Doesn't he look cute in his new CF shirt?
Lucas helping me at the registration table. Though I feel like I didn't do much to help!
Team Jolene!

Me and beautiful Kaitie. Her mom and dad are the ones who run the Great Strides Walk in our area. They are a beautiful family and I am thankful to work with them!


The boys and I ready to walk!

Teage and the boys walking along the route!

Our Team Jolene flava.....

3 comments:

Karine said...

Your family is AMAZING!! Honestly, everything you do for the foundation in honor of Jolene is so humbling. It means the world to me, as I am sure it does for Jo also! Thank you, thank you for your example to others and me of selfless acts to charity!
Love your sweet fam!

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

I'm so bummed I missed all of it. Those darn out of town visitors two weekends in a row!!!
You are inspiring at how committed, loyal, and hard-working you are.

Erin & Teeny said...

Yay for Team Jolene!!! I always love your ideas, you are a fabulous example to me... you are awesome and I'm thankful to have you as a friend.
Love you!