Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Silly boys....


The boys have been so animated lately, it is a ton of fun. They surprise me everyday with something they have learned, or heard and are repeating. :) Dylan's favorite thing to do right now is to put his head right next to my belly and sing Skittles a song, then when he is done he will pop his little head up and ask "Is she kicking Mom?"

Lucas loves to sing at the moment and will make up songs whenever he gets a chance. Most of them don't make much sense, because he will use made up words and every once in a while stick in an "Ichiro" or "Mariners" within the song somewhere. He is SO serious about it though! He will just go on and on with "blah blah blah lalala.....Mariners!" for quite a while. I love to listen to him! If he is really concentrating on something, he won't even realize that he is singing! So adorable!

Dylan always amazes us with his phrases and little quips that come out of his mouth. Teage was asking him the other day about what Skittles will like to do when she is older, and of course Dylan said that she will like to play baseball (just like her big brothers!). Then Teage said "Well, when she plays baseball, what position will she play?" Dylan thought about it for a while and finally said "THE BASE!" We were laughing so hard!

Both boys are really into board games right now as well. There is one in particular that they got for Christmas called the LadyBug Game. In it, there is a Preying Mantis that you have to pass or you go back to the start. So the other day, Lucas was giving us one of his "shows" and I told him to finish it up because it was time for bed. So, instead of saying "goodbye everyone!" or something to that effect, he comes out with "Bug Off Mantis!!!" I was seriously dying laughing!

The other day I was trying to finish up some photos and put them on DVD when Dylan woke up from his nap. I asked him if he could just hang out with me for a minute while I finished up, so he sat patiently and waited for about 5 minutes. Then after I was done he turned to me and said "Good job Mom, you are such a hard worker!"

Boy do I love these little men!!! So thankful that they keep me smiling all the time!!! :)

2 comments:

Coleman Family said...

They're adorable Erin! I love to hear the funny and creative things that come out of our little stinker's mouths!

Kim said...

Oh they are just the sweetest little guys ever :) loved seeing you guys!