Wednesday, May 15, 2013

PROUD

Last night I was talking with someone I had never previously met, and who did not know anything about me or my family. When he asked if I had children, I of course, went into each and every one of them in detail, being as over the top as possible. Of course I did, I am so in love with my each of my children. And then he asked me one more question....do I work full time or stay at home with my children (I can go into that question in and of itself later....like stay at home moms don't work????? I know he didn't mean it that way, but it still drives me crazy when I hear it!) All of a sudden I found myself back peddling. All of a sudden I found myself making EXCUSES for why I did not work full time outside of the home. "Well....I had twins first and what I would be making would be going straight to a daycare anyway....." Lalalalala. Oh boy. Why do I feel I need to do that? Why in the world do I need to justify the fact that I stay home with my children and am a full time Mom? Why do I sometimes feel like that role is looked down on in our current culture?
So just so there is no confusion, I would love to profess to the world (or the three people who actually read my blog):

I AM PROUD TO BE A STAY AT HOME MOM!!!!!

And even more than proud, I am truly blessed. I am blessed and grateful that my husband works so hard for our family so I don't have to work outside of the home. I am grateful that I have this precious time with my children each and every day. I am grateful that I am the one they see when they get off of the bus in the afternoon. I am grateful that I am able to play in the backyard with them at 3 in the afternoon. I am grateful that I see each and every little conversation, argument, situation, with these three adorable kiddos. I am grateful that I am the one who runs my household, since I am slightly OCD anyway. I am grateful that I am the one who gets to put E down for a nap every single day. I am grateful and I am blessed. These three children and the opportunity to stay at home with them full time is the best "job" I have EVER and will EVER have. The End.

No comments: