Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Chess Champions

The boys competed in their first chess tournament last month, and had a blast! Both of them were so apprehensive at first, not really knowing what to expect. They weren't even sure they were going to go at all until their Uncle David convinced them they needed to try! They pretty much think that their Uncle David is a rock star chess player! :)

I stayed with them while they played their four rounds, and wasn't at all sure how they stood with the other players. I tried to prepare them beforehand and told them that if they didn't win a single round, I would still be so proud that they tried their hardest. They were not quite sure where they stood either by the end of the day, so I was completely surprised when they were calling out the achievement awards and trophies. I kept thinking that they would be called next, well....maybe next, no.....how about next? until they were the last ones left! My buddies got FIRST AND SECOND PLACE IN THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT!!!! I was shocked, thrilled, and so happy for them! They were beaming the whole time, and I could not have been more proud!!!!! And not just because of how well they did in the tournament, but also because of how they acted. They were so respectful of the other players as well as the coaches, and I am so blessed always to be their Mom!!!!!!!!






No comments: