Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Children's Hospital Telethon

Today and tomorrow (Wed 27th and Thurs 28th) KISS 106.1 in Seattle is hosting a telethon for Children's Hospital. Please please please call in and donate, even if it is just a few dollars, for these beautiful children in our area. Many of the children at Children's Hospital can't even come home, can't see their families everyday, can't sleep in their own bed at night. Many of these beautiful children have to go through intense treatments everyday. Please do anything that you can to bless the lives of these children, and call. The phone number is 1-866-987-1061.
I called in in memory of Jolene Armstrong, a beautiful friend of our family who passed away from complications from Cystic Fibrosis, and who spent many many days in this hospital. She was loved by all the nurses and doctors there, and she loved them equally in return. But, even if you don't have anyone you know personally who has been there, please call anyway. We love this hospital, and all that it provides for children in our area. Thank you everyone!
As I was listening to the telethon today, I found myself deeply moved by the stories of these innocent children. And, grateful for my own children, and the love and joy they bring into my life. I have two beautiful and healthy boys, and I could never ask for more. I don't know how the wonderful giving parents, who have children in Children's Hospital, get through everyday. But, I pray that they will have the support that they need to help their kids. I am so thankful for all of the beauties that our Lord has given all of us, and especially for my loving family. I will hold my boys a little closer because of this telethon, and the stories that I was privledged to hear.

No comments: