Friday, February 8, 2013

Sunless in Seattle

I have lived around Seattle for pretty much my entire life. And I have never had much of an issue with the winters around here. Yes, it rains.....lots. Yes, it is pretty dreary at times. But, I have always just rolled with it, and not been too terribly worried. This winter....not quite the same story. For some reason, I am having a difficult time with the weather this year! It hasn't been particularly rainy or snowy, just cold. Cold and dreary. Ugh. 
So, since it hasn't been super nice outside, we have had to make do....inside. And this is how we have been rolling in the Christensen household:
 The boys have been SUPER helpful lately! They have always been sweet helpers, but lately, they have actually been asking to help me with certain things. They love unloading the dishwasher, and sweeping the floor, particularly. I just love my little buddies.
 I had to think of some new games while we were restless the other day. This was my version of being at the fair kind of games. They got points depending on which bowl they landed the ball in. :)
 Every day all of the kids ask me to go on a "ride ride". Basically me pulling them around the hardwood on a huge blanket. :) They think it is a ton of fun, though my arms get tired pretty quickly. :)
And of course, BAKING! The picture above was cinnamon rolls, but we have done cookies, bread, and more!! We have been having some fun in the kitchen lately, though it has not been good for my diet! :)

No comments: