Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Let's Run!!

Our whole family had some fun opportunities to be involved in some fun runs this summer! Teage finished his first half marathon in May, and did a fabulous job. And then in August the boys and I did the Railroad Days run in Snoqualmie, which was really fun! I challenged my family history group to do the 5K with me, and the boys rocked the 1K kids run! 
When the boys woke up that morning they were not super excited about doing the run that day, but I convinced them to come anyway, and they ended up being amazing!! :) Right when the boys realized that this was actually a race and they could beat people, oh boy did their instincts kick in!! The minute that "GO" was shouted, they were off! Both of them were at the front of the pack the entire time, and were super excited when they saw the finish line in their sights. Poor Dylan had a side ache about half way through, but when Teage yelled to him that he was in fourth place, he picked it up anyway and ran hard! Lucas ended up in first place out of all the kiddos (3-9 years old), and Dylan ended in fourth! They were so thrilled!!! They even got a metal and proudly wore it the rest of the day!

I ran with my buddies in the 5K and we had a great time as well! All of us ended up finishing, even though some hadn't run more then a mile in a few years! And we got some great sweaty pictures of us afterwards which made it all worth it! :)


 The boys and I also got to go on another really fun run in October, the COLOR RUN!
I had done the Tacoma Color Run a year ago, and Dylan told me that he was upset that he didn't get to do that one with me. So, the first one that I saw nearby, we jumped on it. And we had a fabulous time! Lucas wasn't so sure about running through the color areas at first, but once he did one and realized that it wasn't going to get in his eyes, he was all in! We had so much fun running together and getting MESSY!!!!







No comments: