Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Night at the Park

Tonight our little family went to the park to have a picnic dinner. There is a spot at one of our local parks that we have gone ever since the boys have been born. It isn't a spectacular view spot, or have a ton of toys nearby, it is just a little spot at the edge of the park, shaded by a few trees. We chose it once about a year ago, and have gone back there ever since. It is "our" nice little place. So tonight, Teage had a great idea of packing a picnic dinner and heading out to our spot, since the weather was so beautiful. Many times, the thought of packing up the boys, all of their stuff, all the food, etc gets a little overwhelming to me, but I agreed to go anyway. I am so thankful that I did. We had such a wonderful and beautiful time as a family just eating dinner, throwing the frizbee back and forth while the boys were laughing and trying to catch it, finding some free tennis balls at the court that someone left behind (something that Teage gets VERY excited about) :). It was beautiful weather, the boys were in a great mood, and we had a wonderful time together as a family. I just loved being there with them, in our little spot at the park.

2 comments:

kaitlyn said...

that sounds like so much fun! I get what you mean packing things up to go somewhere always is a daunting task, but when i actually do it I am usually pretty happy that I did!

We had fun with you guys the other night.... we should try it again soon!

Laurie said...

ok, so you'll have to share where your great place is. Jack and I are always looking for nice areas to take the boys and ones with views always make the top of the list! I can't wait to see those cute boys. It seems like forever since i've seen them!!! :)