Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Seaside For Mommy!

A few months ago my wonderful oldest friend Lindsay came up with a fabulous idea. :) She suggested that for our birthdays this year, we take a little trip down to Seaside Oregon for the weekend, just us girls. Well, with everything going on in my life right now, I pretty much jumped at the chance! So, we picked a date in March, got a great deal on a hotel, and we just drove! And honestly, what a great and relaxing weekend it was. We walked on the beach every day, for as long as we could or wanted, we ate when we wanted, we slept when we wanted, we drove down the beach just because we wanted to find a lighthouse.....it was FABULOUS! I had not been able to be that free and easy about anything in quite a while, so it was a special treat for me. And hanging out with my best buddy all weekend? AMAZING!!!!



Unfortunately, Linds and I didn't get any good pictures of the two of us together, of course. :) We were having too much fun to think about it! So, these were the best we could do....even though you can't see Cannon Beach in the background, at least we got one with both of us in it! :)
The second is my cheesy face with our treats of the day, and of course the last ones of the scenery of Seaside and Cannon Beach. The tree in the middle was literally blown over  by the crazy wind that day. Linds and I felt like we were being blown over as well!

No comments: