Tuesday, May 29, 2012

TBall Begins!

The boys have been asking me for weeks now when tball begins. :) We weren't even sure if they were going to get on a team this year because they miss the age cutoff by a few months. But, I petitioned to get them in this year because they were so ready. And thankfully I did, because I don't think they could have waited an entire year! :) 
From the minute they stepped out onto that field, they played hard, and were smiling the entire time. Coach Bill, their fun and kind coach, is truly amazing. He knows how to encourage and help each of these little four and five year olds....not a simple task! And he has helped the boys learn how to be team players, has encouraged them and built them up, and has really made this whole experience fun. I am truly thankful for him. Their team is the Red Sox, with official jerseys and everything! 
For their first game, Dylan got to play first base and Lucas was shortstop. It was so fun to watch, I don't think I have laughed and smiled so much in a long time! If you can imagine about 25 four and five year olds running around a baseball field, most people not really sure where to go and what to do, some playing in the dirt and picking flowers, some with mitts on the wrong hands. Hilarious! I loved it! Dylan and Lucas actually made a play too! It was adorable. The ball was hit right to Lucas at shortstop, he scooped it up and threw it right to Dylan at first base who got the runner out. They were both so excited, as well as their coach. Dylan just stood there afterwards looking at the runner like "Hello! I just got you OUT! You have to go!", not realizing that in tball no one is out. :) He was a bit confused until I explained to him that everyone gets to run the bases because most people are just learning about baseball. :) All in all, Dylan got four people out in that first game, and keeps reminding me everyday how many plays he made! :) Both of them did such a good job and had a blast, I was such a proud Mama!!!
 Go Red Sox 2012!!!!

 The boys wanted the numbers 5 and 1 so that when they stood with their backs to us, we would see "51", just like Ichiro! :)
 The happy boys after their first official TBall game!
 Dylan smacking the ball!
 Lucas running home....look at that stride! :)
 Lucas throwing that ball to first just like a pro!
This last one is Dylan, all dressed up to be the catcher!! He was so excited to get the chance! 
We have 12 games this season, as long as some are not rained out. I can't wait to see more plays by my boys!

1 comment:

Nellie said...

Gotta love your little sports dudes! They crack me up! You might be watching them play pro one day the rate they are going :)