Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thinking of You....

Been thinking a lot about my Dad lately. This weekend I was able to go visit him at the memorial park, and it was decorated so beautifully for Memorial Day. It was a neat experience to be there, American flags all over, and just sit and talk and cry with Dad. Sometimes I still can not believe that he is gone. I sometimes expect to just pick up the phone and be able to tell him something about the kids, or what they have said about him that day. But then I remember I can't just do that right now. I miss him.....



I just wanted to share a few pictures. He was such a proud father, and grandfather. He loved all of us so much, his family was the highlight of his life. The first pictures are of myself and him, Dad with his eldest daughter. And the second two are of Emery and Dad, him with his eldest granddaughter. I absolutely love this last one. Seeing my father with my daughter is something I will never forget. I am just thankful that he got to spend five months with her before he passed. Love you Daddy....

1 comment:

Nellie said...

Oh Erin, I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't even know this. I'm sure you miss him so much, I can't even imagine. Thank goodness you'll get to see him again someday. Take care.