Saturday, January 2, 2016

I am famous! :)

I have now been a family history consultant in our ward for almost 3 years! And this year has been really fun for me and my fellow consultants! We finally got our own family history room with amazing computers in our building, and it is fabulous. AND, I had some really fun and unexpected opportunities as well!
First, I received a call from our dear friend Steve Olson who is in charge of family history in the stake, saying that a host from Evening Magazine wanted to come to the Discovery Center and do a piece for the show! So I was asked to come down and do a big "reveal" with him and tell him who he was related to! The whole experience was so much fun and the show aired a few weeks later!!! Loved it!

After the Evening show aired, Margaret Larson from New Day Northwest talked to Michael from the Evening show and asked him about the experience. He told her how much he enjoyed it, and she decided to do a piece on her show as well!!! So I went on live TV on the New Day Show with Scott Stout, the executive director of familysearch.org. SO STRESSFUL BUT SO FUN!! Margaret was wonderful and really helped us feel at ease. I stressed myself out big time about memorizing the script, and I DID IT!
My sweet husband and daughter, as well amazing Kimmers came to support me also! And after the show was done we went to the studio next door and got to tour around the King 5 news area! 





No comments: