Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Family History and Thankfulness

So, this is me, Teage.  Yes, I do write every so often.  Erin does a lot more than I do, and I enjoy her reading.  But every once in a while I squeeze one in on her!

Erin has a new calling; Family History Instructor.  She is helping others learn about family history and how to navigate on the Church's new website.  Part of her calling is to become familiar with the site during the week so that she can teach others about it on Sunday.  I've been amazed at how much she has done on her own family history.  She's been able to trace one line all the way back to William Bradford, the guy on the Mayflower.  We counted the generations back to him; twelve!  It's just amazing to me that this one man's faith, perseverance, and vision of coming to the New World for religious freedom has branched into thousands of people here in the United States.  It's a humbling feeling to think about the journey and hardships that so many of our ancestor faced, coupled with trials, turmoil, persecution, and near-death experiences with a hope of finding something better.  It's just crazy to me because the boys wanted to watch a movie about William Bradford and the Mayflower on Sunday.  But, Erin is absolutely loving her calling, loving how many new ancestors she is finding, and I'm excited to see her so engaged in something so worth-while.

I'm grateful for everything I have, especially my family.  They inspire me to be better, work harder, and do a little more to make them proud of me.

2 comments:

teage-and-erin said...

Love it babe! Thank you!

Teage said...

Love you mucho, and am so proud of all your hidden talents.