Saturday, March 9, 2013

Loved Ones

I was just called to be a family history consultant for our ward, someone who specializes in helping others find and record their ancestors names and stories. I was extremely surprised by this calling, and it took me a while to really embrace what it entailed. However, I am now very excited and can't wait to dive in! But of course while doing family history, it has me thinking a lot lately about all of those wonderful family members and friends whom we have lost. So many amazing memories, but also terribly sad to have them gone. Just wanted to share a few pictures....
 My sweet Grandpa....Harrison Bailey. Always had a huge hug for me.
 My Grandfather's sister, my Auntie Val. She is pictured here with Emery at the beginning of 2012.
 My adorable Grandma and Grandpa Parkinson, my father's parents. I truly miss our yearly trip to their tiny town of Portage Utah, and all of our fun traditions there.

 Teage's handsome brother Jesse. Gone way too soon, at the young age of 29. I miss his calming presence and big hugs. 
Our fun-loving friend Jolene Armstrong, also gone way too soon at the age of 22. I miss her laugh and positive attitude so much!
 Our faithful and honest friend Ty Bailey. Also gone way too young, we miss him all the time.
 And of course my Daddy. Miss him every single day and still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that he isn't physically with us.
And though they have all left too soon, none of them are forgotten. I am so thankful for our loving Savior who watches out for each and every one of us, and who loves all of my family members as much or more then I do. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I will see each and every one of them again!

No comments: