Wednesday, January 9, 2013

18 Months Old!

On Dec 8th our little missy turned 18 months old. I still can't believe that it has been that long. This little one keeps all of us on our toes, constantly. :) She has a feisty personality, definitely knows her own mind, and can't miss out on anything. She is also learning SO much every single day. She is learning at least one new word a day, maybe more. She is starting to sing, dance, and throw a fit if she wants something that I won't give her. :)
Miss E has almost all of her eye-teeth in now and gives me a cheesy smile showing me all those pearly whites whenever I ask her. :) Emery loves the IPad, and will shout out to play it whenever she sees one. What other  18 month old knows not only how to say IPad, but also how to work one? Oh goodness....we are in for it!!! 
I hear more of "no" "mine" "bath bath" "ride ride" and "MAMA!!!!" then anything else, though her vocabulary is considerable at this point. She loves to try any word that I, or the boys, give her. She is starting to say "flush" for the toilet, "more ice" (her first two word sentence), "Baby....baby...mine...mine!!" for the wonderful Justin Bieber song! I love it when she breaks out in that song thinking that no one is listening. 
Emery also loves to be helpful. She cleans and organizes anything that I ask of her, loves handing the boys their backpacks in the morning, and grab all of the fruits and veggies at the grocery store. 
She is very creative. She asks to "draw", wanting crayons and paper. She tries to make food at her play kitchen. She plays make believe, and tries to use my makeup brushes in the mornings. 
Miss E and I have a wonderful routine for bedtime every night. She won't let anyone else put her to bed, probably both because she loves routine, and also because she loves OUR routine. She will drink her bottle, then we brush her teeth, get her softie and animals, and rock in our little rocking chair singing our favorite songs. After a while I put her down in her crib and I ask her "How much does Mommy love you? All the way to the......?" And she will reply "moon". Then I say "And??" and she replies "BACK!" Then I give her a ton of kisses and hugs, and she looks awfully proud of herself for knowing the answer. :) She never wants me to leave, specially if she knows the boys are not in bed yet (never wants to miss a thing!). But soon I back out of the room telling her how much I love her, and eventually she gives it up and falls asleep. 
Oh how we love that little girl. She keeps us on our toes constantly, but we wouldn't want it any other way. The boys adore her, her Mommy and Daddy adore her, and we are all so thankful that she is a part of our family. 
Now let's just see how she does in nursery......yikes!! :)


1 comment:

Tawna said...

L-O-V-E! I absolutely love the one with her at the beach. She will cherish that forever :)