Friday, January 18, 2013

Capturing the Moment

I have been trying extremely hard lately to cherish each and every moment possible with my kiddos. I know how fleeting those are and how fast they will go by. And I don't want to forget, or waste that time being upset or tired. I want my kids to know how much I adore them, always. So I have been better about writing down sweet or silly moments, taking more pictures, and just being plain happier and more patient when it comes to the day to day.
Here are a few cute things that were said by the kiddos this week:


D and L have been learning about Martin Luther King Jr this week at school, and are very interested in his life, which I love. We have talked about him at home, and about what he was trying to accomplish, what his dream was. And the other day when we were saying our nightly prayers, Lucas says:
"And thank you that we have equality at our school." They are really getting it!!!!

Dylan has been using such grown up vocabulary lately, even some slang. Hilarious! I hear things like "That is completely ridiculous" or "Totally did it Mom" or "What are you thinking?". So funny to listen to that kid sometimes!

Miss Emery has started trying to sing with me at night time before she goes to sleep. We love the song "Teach Me to Walk in the Light" from church lately, and she will always say "Teach Me" at the right times along with me. She also picks out some other words from the song and sings them with me as well, it really is adorable. And she looks so proud of herself when she does it right! :)
The other adorable thing she is doing right now is starting to say her own prayers. They go something like this:
She bows her head and folds her arms, then says "Mmmmmm....ha..hmmmm....am...fiiiiifff...rrrryyy.....hmmmmmmm........amamamam.......AMEN!"
I absolutely love it, it is the cutest thing ever!!!


1 comment:

Tawna said...

And WE cherish reading these and seeing the pix! I sure hope our kiddos will cherish these moments as well years from now. xoxo